lamblegs

lamblegs
First I teach, then I knit

About Me

My photo
I am a Mother of three, wonderful, grown children. I have been a widow since 2006. I teach in an all boy International School in Tokyo. I knit for therapy.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mac's demise

My Mac met it's demise yesterday. Sad, but true. The journey to buy a new computer started at 6:30 p.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m. I had to take the train to Shibuya. Only 5 stops from Yoga. Okay. No biggie. Getting lost in Shibuya! Ha, I took the Hacthiko exit and came out right where I wanted to be, and I headed in the direction I was sure was right. It wasn't exactly...but after wondering around for about half and hour, I finally used my cell-phone's GPS and tracked down the store. I had been oh, so close. I met a friendly salesman that knew English!! (God bless Apple Employees that speak my language). I picked out my new MacBook Pro, got an Educator's discount (score another Apple point) and then I went to pay for it. I had informed my Credit Card company of my impending purchase, but alas, they didn't believe me. So, I had to transfer funds from my savings acct. to my checking and was able to use my acct. to purchase this marvelous invention.  It only took 3 phone calls, waiting on hold with lovely music for about an hour. The salesman was very courteous and patient. Finally, success. Then another employee, a sweet girl (who also speaks English) helped me set up my computer. I walked happily out of the store, back to the station and rode the train home. I nice guy let me sit on the train, (not easily done) and then I stayed up til about 2 a.m. fiddling around with my new toy, er, I mean work laptop. I desperately needed it, for tutoring my 3 students and then for Teaching Seminary and for producing the weekly Sunday Bulletin. Yay for me, Yay for Apple!!!

No comments: