lamblegs

lamblegs
First I teach, then I knit

About Me

My photo
I am a Mother of three, wonderful, grown children. I have been a widow since 2006. I teach in an all boy International School in Tokyo. I knit for therapy.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tokyo's Trains and angels

I just spent 5 hours on the train system of Tokyo going to and from tutoring a little girl for an hour lesson. Something definitely wrong with that ratio. The good thing was, I am so proud of my tech savy skills. I got lost a number of times and used my google map to locate myself and which train line to connect with. I also happened upon several very sweet Japanese girls who helped me in their broken English. Lesson learned: we are all in this world to touch each other's lives, we can help others no matter where or in what language. A smile and a look of "where am I" and a silent prayer is answered immediately by a loving Father who really cared about me today. Life's journey is a series of missed connections and going the wrong way, either by choice or accident. There are throngs of angels out there willing to gently nudge us back onto the right train. Lovely lesson learned today.

No comments: