lamblegs

lamblegs
First I teach, then I knit

About Me

My photo
I am a Mother of three, wonderful, grown children. I have been a widow since 2006. I teach in an all boy International School in Tokyo. I knit for therapy.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sappy movies? Why not

Sometimes I just sit on my comfy couch and watch sappy movies. Why? well, sometimes I have to evaporate into a blur of mindless drivel. I have been working on being comfortable alone at night. I won't lie, the dimming of the day is very difficult. It's when everything slows down. It's when it gets quiet and drowsy feeling. It's when I would like to snuggle with someone and not have to talk. It's when the business of the day is winding down and soon time to crawl between the sheets. It's quiet, I get used to the sounds of the house, but not quite used to not hearing the movements of another person getting ready for bed. Not used to having the quiet envelope me. The safest remedy, therefore, is to watch hours of nonsense. I love the well-meaning advice given such as "just give it time". Well, hell, yes...I do seem to have plenty of that.

No comments: