lamblegs

lamblegs
First I teach, then I knit

About Me

My photo
I am a Mother of three, wonderful, grown children. I have been a widow since 2006. I teach in an all boy International School in Tokyo. I knit for therapy.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Walking around the block

Sunday was the beginning of a new adventure in walking. Off and on during my 20's-40's I have walked miles and miles. A lot of times, I walked to get in shape, other times I walked to work off stress, either way, I always used the time to think. I am a solo walker. I don't really enjoy company on my walks because I have to keep up with them because I have shorter legs and stride than most. The thing I love most is the solitude time to think.
This week, I have walked 3 days, 2 miles each day. Yeah for me. I picked a route that has a hill, then a flat and then down the hill again. I try to leave before 8 so it's not so hot. It has been so cool and rainy this summer, so it's not necessary to get up at the crack of dawn, which I don't like to do.... I am not an early riser, unless it's a matter of life and death.
My goal this time for walking is to keep healthy both physically and mentally. My dad is 84 and walks everyday up Table Rock. He is amazing. My daughter panics about my health and fitness, so I am doing this for her too. I want to be around a long time for her and the boys.
So with that....it's a walk around the block.

No comments: